On Saturday, September 28, 2013, I declared on Instagram that I would start a hunt for some good flavored pumpkin food and drinks. My goal is to find 25 pumpkin flavored goodies by Monday, November 25, 2013. Follow #TinaLovesPumpkin or #PumpkinAdventure on Instagram to see my pumpkin pictures!
I’m almost halfway there. Here’s what I’ve tried so far!
1. Mimi’s Cafe pumpkin muffin fresh from the oven! Well, at least I hope and think it’s fresh from the oven because it was darn warm! The muffin is so big that two people can share it. The best part about the muffin aside from it being fresh was the crispy edges of the muffin top! Unfortunately, I have no picture of this except that some of my SnapChat friends may have seen evidence of this beauty.
2. Starbucks #PSL aka Pumpkin Spice Latte. I believe this is my second or third year drinking Starbucks seasonal #PSL and I love it. There’s a roasted taste to it that I really like. Too bad the first time I had the PSL this year, I spilled at least a quarter of it onto my lap. Fail, fail. It doesn’t look to pretty when you spill it.
3. Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf’s pumpkin muffin with chocolate chunks. This bad boy had about 500 calories but I didn’t feel guilty eating it at all! I shared a little bit of it with a friend but finished majority of it. I couldn’t share much because it was that good.
4. Yogurtland’s pumpkin pie yogurt. In general, I’m not a fan of Yogurtland because of their watery and somewhat cheap flavors. But because of my pumpkin challenge, I decided to try out their pumpkin pie yogurt. It was surprisingly good! It didn’t taste watery or cheap. It tasted just like pumpkin pie. I couldn’t stop thinking about the pumpkin pie itself.
5. Trader Joe’s Organic Pumpkin Pop Tart. Finally had a “healthy” pumpkin treat thanks to Victoria who randomly had the pumpkin pop tart in her purse! The pop tart was pretty light in sweetness. Probably because of the organic part. So I didn’t feel too guilty eating it.
6. Cheesecake Factory’s Pumpkin Cheesecake. Oh man, this is rich in flavor. Too rich that I couldn’t finish a slice. You could definitely taste the pumpkin flavor from the cheesecake. It was good for only a little bit.
8. Cal Poly Pomona’s Homemade Pumpkin Bread. Tasted the homie-ness to the pumpkin bread and the love the students put in to bake it!
9. Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Cereal Bar. Good breakfast on the go but it may have been a little too sweet to have in the morning.
10. Pop Tart’s Pumpkin Pop Tart. The festive fall colored sprinkles on the pop tart made me enjoy eating it. This was definitely sweeter than Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Pop Tart. I’d have to pick the artificial over the organic pumpkin flavored pop tart. Guilty.